Job purpose: To plan and carry out business development activities to grow ideas to self-sustaining businesses.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospects database.
• Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volume, values, product mix and timescales.
• Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone, email and personal visits.
• Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
• Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
• Conduct analysis through various framework and tools.
• Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
• Able to work extended hours when required.
• Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting and product development.
• Appreciates the need for consistency within the company’s branding and marketing mix.
• Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
• Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
• Candidate should show the ability to develop managerial skills.
14, Cnr Brabant & Redoute Street, Port-Louis